Common Issues Found During Commercial Roof Inspections
When it comes to managing a business, one of the most important elements that shouldn’t be overlooked is its roof. A commercial roof inspection is essential to maintaining a healthy and safe environment for customers, employees, and goods.
In this article, we’ll discuss the following:
- What a commercial roof inspection covers
- The most common issues roofers encounter during an inspection
- Why preventative maintenance is so important
- Qualities to look for in a commercial roofing service
What Is a Commercial Roof Inspection?
A commercial roof inspection is a thorough examination of the condition of your commercial roof. The inspector will look for signs of wear and tear, water damage, or any other potential issues that may be present in your roofing system.
They will also check for proper installation and weatherproofing and any potential vulnerabilities that could lead to further damage. The inspector will then provide you with detailed reports on their findings, so you can make informed decisions about how to best maintain and repair your roof.
Commercial roofing contractors love to use unique roofing materials that protect your facilities. Read our blog on the best type of roofing for your commercial building.
Common Issues Found During Commercial Roof Inspections
When inspecting a commercial roof, there are a variety of potential issues that may be identified. These signs of damage include:
- Leaks – Leaks can be caused by a variety of factors, including poor installation, age, or wear and tear.
- Blistering or peeling paint – Cracks and blisters in the roof paint may be signs of deterioration and should be addressed as soon as possible.
- Pooled water or standing water in valleys and low spots – Pools of water can form on the surface of your roof due to improper drainage or a low-sloping roof design. This can lead to many issues, including rotting wood and structural damage
- Clogged gutters and drains – Inspectors will pay special attention to the gutters and drains that are connected to your roof. If these become clogged, they can cause water to back up onto the roof and lead to further damage.
- Improperly installed seams – Seams are often used to connect two different sections of your roof together, but if they’re not installed correctly, it can lead to leaks and other issues over time.
If any of these issues are found during a routine roof inspection, you should address them immediately. The longer you wait to have them fixed, the more money you will likely have to spend on repair costs.
The Importance of Preventative Commercial Roof Maintenance
To avoid costly roof repairs altogether, business owners should prioritize frequent maintenance. Preventative commercial roof maintenance is essential for maintaining a healthy and safe environment.
Scheduling regular inspections and making necessary repairs as soon as they appear will help you keep your commercial roof in good condition for many years. One of the best ways to do so is by contracting a roofing company to make sure your roof is free from debris and other obstructions, properly ventilated and sealed against water intrusion. Cleaning out gutters and downspouts regularly can help ensure your roof’s longevity.
How Often Should You Arrange for Commercial Roof Maintenance?
As a general rule of thumb, business owners should have their roofs inspected at least once a year, or twice a year if they are located in areas with extreme weather conditions like heavy rain or snow.
What to Look for in a Commercial Roofing Service
Your roofing issues aren’t something that should be taken lightly. That’s why knowing what to look for when searching for a commercial roofing service is essential. Qualities to look for in a commercial roofing service include:
- Experienced and certified technicians – The technicians should have the necessary certifications and qualifications to work in commercial roofing.
- Quality products – Make sure the company has access to high-quality products and materials.
- Excellent customer service – Find out what kind of customer service the company offers and make sure it meets your expectations.
- A full range of services – The company should offer various services, such as inspection, repairs, and replacements.
- Professionalism – Ask for references and look for customer testimonials to get an idea of how the company operates.
- Competitive rates – Be sure to shop around for competitive prices that fit your budget.
- Warranty – Ensure that the company offers a warranty on their work.
We Provide Top-Tier Commercial Roofing in Pennsylvania
When it comes to commercial roofing, Seal Roofing is the ideal choice for businesses in Lower Bucks County in Pennsylvania, Delaware, and New Jersey. We offer top-tier roofing services and maintenance for commercial buildings that are unmatched by other roofing companies. Our team of experienced professionals is trained in all aspects of commercial roofing, ensuring that your needs are met with the highest quality service available.
We’ve been in business for over 30 years and have provided fast, cost-effective, and reliable solutions. We apply a stress-free experience with all of our various roofing services, like:
- Commercial Roof Repair
- Stone Removal & Plowing Services
- New Construction
- Roof Maintenance
- Hail Damage Repair
Are you ready to seal the deal and partner with us for next-level roofing solutions?
Share This Post
Seal Roofing is a roofing contractor with a reputation for outstanding service, competitive pricing, and offering a full range of roofing services and solutions.
PA – #PA025662
NJ – #1835498
DE – #2009603095