Your Guide to Achieving the Full Potential of Commercial Metal Roofs
When it comes to roofing materials, some commercial building owners are under the impression that metal roofs aren’t worth the expense when compared to their more traditional counterparts.
This sentiment, however, couldn’t be further from the truth. In this blog, we’ll dive into the effectiveness of metal roofs and explore a few actions that you can take to ensure you’re leveraging all the advantages of your commercial metal roof.
So, let’s get started.
How Commercial Metal Roofs Protect and Preserve Your Property
Simply put, metal roofing offers a wealth of benefits to commercial building owners. Here are 8 ways that having a commercial metal roof can benefit you and your business:
- Durability: Commercial metal roofs are designed to withstand extreme weather conditions, such as heavy winds, hail, and snow. They are also resistant to fire and ultraviolet (UV) radiation, making them the ideal choice for any environment.
- Energy Efficiency: Designed to reflect the sun’s rays away from the building, commercial metal roofs help reduce cooling costs in the summer months. Their solar reflectivity rates are higher than most other roofing materials. This can help you save money on energy bills for your business over time.
- Low Maintenance Costs: Unlike other roofing materials that require frequent maintenance and repair, a commercial metal roof is almost maintenance-free. This means you can save time and money on repairs and upkeep in the long run.
- Long Lifespan: Commercial metal roofs have a longer lifespan than most other roofing materials, lasting up to 40 or 50 years or more depending on the type of metal used. This makes the initial investment a cost-effective choice in the long-run.
- Lightweight: Metal roofs are lightweight, making them easier to install than other types of roofs such as asphalt shingles and tile. This helps reduce the installation time and cost, making them an ideal choice for commercial buildings with limited space or weight restrictions.
- Eco-Friendly: Most commercial metal roofs are made from recyclable materials, which helps conserve natural resources. Additionally, cool metal roofs can help reduce the heat island effect by reflecting more sunlight away from the building instead of absorbing it like other materials do.
- Versatile Design Choices: Metal shingles come in a variety of styles and colors to suit the look of any building. Even better, they can also be customized with insulation, ventilation, and other features that make them even more cost effective and energy efficient.
- Wide-Range of Applications: Commercial metal roofs can be used on a variety of structures in virtually every industry, such as warehouses, factories, commercial buildings, and more.
Searching for a reliable, honest roofing company in Philadelphia? Finding the best fit for your business is easier said than done. With so many options out there, here’s how you should narrow them down.
5 Tips and Trick to Extend the Lifespan of Commercial Metal Roofs
Now, let’s explore a few tips and tricks for leveraging commercial metal roofs to their full potential.
Be proactive not reactive.
While commercial metal roofs require less maintenance than standard shingles, you still don’t want to neglect tune-ups. Regular maintenance is essential for keeping your commercial metal roof in good condition and making sure it lasts as long as possible. Inspect your roof regularly for any potential problems and make repairs as needed. It’s also a good idea to have a professional inspect your roof at least once a year to ensure everything is in good working order.
Reduce energy consumption with reflective coatings.
Applying reflective coatings to your metal roof can help reflect sunlight away from your building, reducing heat absorption and helping keep the inside cooler during the warmer weather. Make sure you select a high-quality product for maximum efficiency.
Invest in a water-resistant protective coating.
Applying a protective coating to your metal roofing system can help protect it from extreme weather conditions and other environmental factors that could cause damage over time. This is especially beneficial in areas that experience high winds and heavy rain.
Regularly inspect the status of your metal roofing.
Many commercial metal roofs, repairs are preventable. But the longer minor issues go unchecked, the more serious they become. Regular inspections are key to keeping a well-maintained commercial metal roof. However, there are a few DIY actions you can take, like:
- Check for debris: Leaves and twigs collect on your roof after storms or high winds. Keeping your roof clean and clear of any obstructions helps prevent damage to your metal roofing system over time.
- Trim nearby trees: Branches near your commercial building can be hazardous when they fall onto your metal roof. Trimming the trees nearby your building can help keep your roof safe from branches and debris
- Clean your gutters: Clogged gutters backup rainwater, which leads to leaking and other issues over time. Make sure water can flow freely away from your building’s foundation.
Don’t be hesitant to hire a professional
Partnering with a professional roofing company is the best way to ensure that your commercial metal roof will last for years to come. As a helpful tip, look for a roofing company who’s worked on large-scale, commercial projects in the past, as they’ll already have the expertise and knowledge needed to help your roof reach its full potential.
Your One-Stop Shop for Commercial Metal Roofing in Philadelphia
Since 1986, Seal Roofing has delivered high-quality roofing solutions to commercial businesses around the Philadelphia Metro Area. With decades of services comes unrivaled expertise and highly trained, certified contractors who know how to get the most out of your metal roof.